Welcome to the Presto Food Blog theme documentation. It is simple and user-friendly. You can navigate to each heading just by clicking the Table of Contents on the left side of the page.
You can easily install our theme.
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on the Add New button
- Click on the Upload link and select presto-food-blog.zip
- Click on Install Now button
Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard.
Now, hover over the theme thumbnail and press the Activate button
Additional information: WordPress Codex – Using Themes
This theme supports the default site identity given by WordPress. You can use Logo, Site Title, Tagline & Site Icon Upload which is supported in our Theme.
A static home page is like you are customizing the front door of your website. By default, your home page is your blog, but you can change this to any page you’ve created!
Set a Static Front Page
- Go to Appearance > Customizer > Homepage Settings.
- Locate the Homepage Settings option. (To see this option the site needs to have at least one published page).
- Select the A static page option, then choose your new page from the Homepage drop down.The preview window will display your newly selected page as the front page of your site.
- Click on the Save Changes button to save your homepage settings.
By default, the menus will fall back to Pages. You will only see all the pages as menus right after activation of the theme. You can select all the posts, pages, archives, categories, and custom post types as well.
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress menu
- Click on Create a new menu link
- Give a name to your menu in Menu Name and click Create Menu button
- Now choose the pages, categories, custom links from the leftside of your screen by selecting the checkbox and click on Add Menu
- Click Save Menu after adding required pages, categories in the menu
Still having trouble with the menus! Check this out WordPress Custom Menu
Front Page Settings
Frontpage Settings in the theme control what your default homepage of the theme looks like. Here there are 3 individual settings for the theme.
Presto Food Blog offers Banner Section in the theme. It has an extensive feature with Newsletter Banner and Static Banner with CTA.
You can select Static/Video CTA Banner from the Banner Options. You will land up in the sections where you can change your static image with text, a short description Button. You can choose Header Video as well where you can upload your own video(.mp4 extension) or you can add YouTube Video URL as well.
For static images, you can upload the image in the Header Image part.
You can select Banner with Newsletter from the Banner Options. You will land up in the sections where you can change your static image with a banner newsletter shortcode.
You can enable this section to display the featured section just below the actual banner/ slider in the theme. Enable this option to show the feature section on the homepage.
Post Page Settings
Post Page settings are just specific to the Post and Pages on the WordPress settings.
Related Posts: Enable this option to display related posts.
Related Posts Section Title: Edit the title of your related post with this option.
Related Post Taxonomy: Choose categories or tags to display related posts.
We offer several sidebar layouts in our theme. For this
- Go to Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Layout Settings > Sidebar layouts.
- There are 4 different layouts for page and post. There are 3 different layouts for blog and default.
- Hit Publish after the changes.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Styling Settings > Colors Settings section.
- Now, You can choose Background Color.
- Save & Publish button to save the changes in your site.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Styling Settings > Background Image > Background Image section.
- Now, choose the required background image for your site there.
- After you have chosen the required background image for your site here, you can now click on Save & Publish button to save the changes in your site.
Presto Food Blog has numerous options for the header part of the theme, For this navigate to Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Customizer > General Settings > Header Options
Header Search: Presto Food Blog has a search functionality in the header part of the theme. You can now easily search and navigate to anything on the website with the search feature.
WooCommerce User: It is specially made to link the WooCommerce Account page in the Header part.
Header Cart: Header cart feature is specially made to show the count of the cart from any page in the theme. This feature is extremely helpful with the WooCommerce user experience part.
Header Button: It’s a unique lead generating button on the header part of the theme. You can easily create a call to action button from there if you enable the feature in the header part of the theme.
Breadcrumbs are integrated with the theme by default. You just have to enable the option to show the breadcrumbs. To do that
- Navigate to Appearance > Customizer > General Settings > Breadcrumbs Settings.
- You can then enable the option and configure Home Text and Separator from the settings.
- Hit Publish whenever you have finished your changes.
With Inbuilt Social settings features, users can create their social links in the theme in the Header and Footer part of the theme. For this navigate to Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Customizer > General Settings > Social Settings.
Header Social Links: Enable Header social links toggle with show the social media on the header part of the theme.
Footer Social Links: Enable Footer social links toggle with show the social media on the footer part of the theme.
You can choose your own social media with your own link to promote social media marketing from the website or just to showcase the social media profile.
We can have a newsletter section in the theme. For this
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Layout Settings > General Settings > Newsletter Settings..
- Hit Publish after the changes.
Newsletter Section: Enable this option to enable the newsletter section.
Newsletter Shortcode: Add Newsletter Shortcode.
We can have an Instagram section in the theme. For this
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Layout Settings > General Settings > Instagram Section..
- Hit Publish after the changes.
Instagram Section: Enable this option to enable the Instagram section.
Instagram Title: You can add Instagram Title.
Instagram Shortcode: Add Instagram Shortcode.
You can change the footer copyright and use your own custom text from here.
By default, WordPress supports widgets. You can edit widgets in WordPress in two ways. You can either open a Dashboard and go to Widgets under Appearance Tab or you can do this with the help of Customizer. Here are tips on how you can do it with a customizer.
Adding Widgets via Customizer
- Go to Appearance > Customizer > Widgets in the WordPress menu
- To add a widget, first click on a widget area. In the panel, click on Add a Widget. The Customizer will show all of the available widgets that you can add.
- Scroll the alphabetized list of widgets on customizer, or else you can use the search field at the top to find the desired widget. Then, click on a widget to add it. The Customizer will then display a box to configure the widget’s settings.
- When you’ve finished updating these fields, click Close on the bottom left of the widget box. You can also reopen and update a widget using the small down-facing arrow, or remove it by clicking Delete.
- You can reorder these widget panels as well — hover over one and mouse-click to select and drag it up or down, depending on where you’d like it to display. After making your changes, don’t forget to save them by hitting the blue Save & Publish button at the top of the panel.
Still having trouble with the widgets! Check this out WordPress Widget.
You can just add your own CSS in Additional CSS.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS section.
- Now add your own CSS on Additional CSS section.
- After that click Publish.